Transfer news LIVE: Tuesday, July 16
- Arsenal have reportedly agreed a deal to sign Gremio star Everton Soares
- Tottenham are interested in a reunion with Gareth Bale
- Philippe Coutinho could be set to return to Liverpool
Celtic boss Neil Lennon claims Arsenal target Kieran Tierney is more ’rounded’ than £50m Manchester United signing Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
The manager’s comment come after it was reported Celtic had turned down an offer of £25m for the defender.
“We can’t do anything about what clubs do in England,” Lennon said.
“£50m for Wan-Bissaka is a lot of money and we feel that Kieran is a far more experienced and rounded full-back at this juncture in his career.
“He’s an asset for us and we do have a value for the player and we rate the player very highly.
Morrison joins Sheffield United
Ravel Morrison has signed a one-year deal with newly-promoted Sheffield United.
The former Manchester United ace has been training with the Yorkshire club after being released by Swedish side Ostersunds.
Blades boss Chris Wilder said: “Ravel is an undoubted talent and we are delighted that we have put together a deal that suits all parties.
“I’ve spoken to a number of people about him and it is clear that he has serious ability.
“We are getting a fantastic footballer with a tremendous pedigree and this is a great opportunity for Rav, we believe we can help him get back to the level he wants to be.”
Aston Villa Instagram hint
Aston Villa target Marvelous Nakamba has dropped a huge hint about his future.
Dean Smith wants Nakamba to provide competition in the middle of the park.
And if the 25-year-old’s actions on Instagram are anything to go by, he could be edging closer towards a deal.
Nakamba only follows 197 other users on the social media app.
But one of those is Aston Villa’s official account.
He also follows Brazilian striker Wesley Moraes, who quit Club Brugge to join Villa last month.
And the 22-year-old may have convinced Nakamba to follow in his footsteps.
Haller the Hammer?
West Ham are close to signing Sebastien Haller in a club record £45m move with the player expected for a medical today.
The Hammers turned their attention to the Eintracht Frankfurt star after missing out on Celta Vigo’s Maxi Gomez, who joined Valencia instead.
Owner David Sullivan has pulled out all the stops to get the Frenchman over the line, with the club now willing to pay £40.5m plus £4.5m in add-ons.
Eintracht want the full fee paid within 18 months rather than over the usual three to four year term – and remain hopeful another club could become involved.
But Haller has told West Ham he likes their project and it is understood personal terms will not be a problem.
A statement from the Bundesliga club confirmed the two teams had “agreed terms” over the transfer and that Haller had been cleared to undergo a medical in London.
*** READ MORE – Arsenal and Tottenham target William Saliba has made a decision on his future ***
£27m Arsenal and Tottenham decision
Arsenal and Tottenham target William Saliba has made a decision on his future.
Both sides are chasing the Frenchman and reports this week have suggested they have submitted €30m (£27m) bids.
Saint-Etienne will reportedly demand Saliba back on loan as part of any deal.
Tottenham had looked to be in pole position to sign the 18-year-old after their late hijack attempt.
But according to Yahoo Sport France journalist Manu Lonjon, Saliba would prefer a move to Arsenal.
And reputable Spanish journalist Kike Marin has backed up this claim by suggesting the deal is being held up by Saint-Etienne demanding a higher fee.
He tweeted: “Saliba prefers #Arsenal for a long time! The problem is $aint Etienne…”
*** Man City are plotting a late hijack to steal Harry Maguire from rivals Man Utd – READ MORE ***
United face Maguire hijack
Manchester United could face serious competition from arch-rivals Manchester City for Harry Maguire.
The Leicester star is reportedly set for a medical at United in the next 48 hours.
But according to The Sun, United look set to to face a tug-of-war with City.
Both clubs have had £65m offers rebuffed by the Foxes, but City remain serious suitors.
The Sun say City believe they can still lure Maguire to the Etihad and will consider making their move at the 11th hour.
*** READ MORE – Bruno Fernandes is set to double his wages at Man Utd ***
Inter Milan prepare fresh offer
Manchester United will face another bid from Inter Milan for Romelu Lukaku in the coming days.
Antonio Conte attempted to sign him during his tenure at Chelsea, but couldn’t get a deal over the line, and the Italian chief is determined to get his man this summer.
According to Sky Sports, a £60m offer with add ons is imminent.
It’s claimed the deal would be structured over two years.
The added incentives are a compromise from Inter as they attempt to get closer to United’s valuation.
The new offer is an improvement on Inter’s initial two-year loan request with instalments of £9m, £27m and £27m to be paid in consecutive years.
*** Frank Lampard has left one Chelsea star at home ahead of a potential exit – READ MORE ***
Man Utd £49m bid
Manchester United have reportedly bid €55m (£49m) for Sporting Lisbon star Bruno Fernandes.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is desperate for a new midfielder and he is preparing for the potential exit of Paul Pogba.
Fernandes appears to be his No.1 target and United have made their move, according to Italian journalist Nicolo Schira.
He tweeted: “#ManchesterUnited insist and want to close for #BrunoFernandes. #RedDevils have offered €55M to Sporting for him. He could sign a contract by €6M a year. #transfers #MUFC #mutd.”
*** David De Gea is set to become the world’s richest goalkeeper – READ MORE ***
Arsenal ‘agree’ deal
Arsenal have ‘agreed’ a deal for Brazilian star Everton Soares, although the deal is not yet done.
The Gunners have just £45m to spend this window, with any additional funds to be raised by player sales.
But it looks as if they have agreed a fee with Gremio as they look to sign the Copa America champion.
Arsenal will pay €28m (£25m) for the 23-year-old, although that could rise to €40m (£36m) reports journalist Emanuele Guilanelli.
The lack of a pay structure is currently holding up the deal.
*** Unai Emery has broken his silence on Laurent Koscielny’s strike – READ MORE ***
Tottenham want Bale
Tottenham are reportedly interested in a reunion with Real Madrid star Gareth Bale.
The Wales international has been linked with a Bernabeu exit this summer amid suggestions that he’s clashed with boss Zinedine Zidane.
According to Spanish outlet Marca, Spurs have told Real they want the winger and they’re willing to pay between £45m and £54m.
However, the north London side have made it clear that Bale would have to take a huge wage cut.
*** One Spurs star has been urged to snub Man Utd – READ MORE ***